Today is International Women’s Day 2015.
You can find info on it here: http://www.internationalwomensday.com/
AND I am also going to add some info from the site:
The THEME for International Women’s Day 2015 is MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Each year International Women’s Day (IWD) is celebrated on March 8. The first International Women’s Day was held in 1911.
The following are some places online that you can help support International Women’s Day:
Use your voice via social media:
– And watch out for even more #hashtag activism from loads of great groups all around the world
Lend your support:
– Retweet and share content
– Display the International Women’s Day on your website or blog
– Donate to your favourite womens charity
– Paint It Purple – your website, blog, emails for the day
– Insert the IWD logo in your email signature black for the day
– Support a female-focused crowd-funding initiative
– Make and upload a video
– Run a webinar
Here are some other ways you can help promote International Women’s Day:
– Run an event celebrating women to raise awareness for gender equality
– Participate in local activities and campaigns
– Pain it purple – your building, canteen, playground, wear purple clothing
– Do a media interview
– Create images or film
From 1908, the Women’s Social and Political Union (WSPU) in Great Britain adopted the colour scheme of purple, white and green to symbolise the plight of the Suffragettes. Purple symbolised justice and dignity – two values strongly associated with women’s equality. The three colours were used for banners, flags, rosettes and badges to show solidarity.
Whatever you do – celebrate women, call for equality – and ‘Make it happen’
I cannot let this day pass without adding a song from the UN Women YouTube Channel:
So PLEASE support International Women’s Day and MAKE IT HAPPEN in your own way!
Please Like and Share this post 🙂
If you would like to subscribe to my blog, just enter your email on the “Follow Cindy’s Art Blog” button and then you will receive an email each time I write a new post 🙂 Thanks in advance 🙂